Senior Fell Championship fixture list for 2017
Category: Fell Published Date Hits: 688
2017 – HHAC Fell Championship – Races
The format and scoring system are as in 2016, with your best 7 races from 15 to count and must include two of each length.
As last year, there will also be separate “All-to-Count” and “Local” championships. The “Local” races are Ian Roberts, West Nab, Holme Moss and Denis Stitt, which are all races that Holmfirth Harriers promote.
- January 21 – Kinder Trial (OM) – Hayfield, nr. Glossop; pre-entry only by 14th January
- February 4 – Wadsworth Trog (BL) – Old Town, nr. Hebden Bridge; online entries only by 28th January
- March 5 – Ian Roberts (BM) – Marsden Moor
- April 1 – West Nab (AS) – Meltham
- April 22 – Anniversary Waltz (AM) – Newlands Valley, nr. Keswick; online entries only from 1st February
- May 6 – Stuc A’ Chroin 5000 (AL) – Strathyre, Perthshire. British Championship counter; online entries open 1st April
- May 21 – Calderdale Way Relay
- June 3 – Wharfedale Trail Half Marathon (BL) – Grassington, nr. Skipton; online entries only from 1st January
- June 25 – Great Bakewell Pudding Race (CM) – Bakewell, Derbyshire
- July 6 – Rangers Alderman’s Ascent (AS) – Greenfield, Saddleworth
- July 23 - Holme Moss (AL) – Cartworth Moor CC, Holme Valley
- August 10 – Denis Stitt (AS) – Cartworth Moor CC, Holme Valley
- September 3 – Castle Carr (AL) – Old Town, nr. Hebden Bridge. English Championship counter. Entries online only from July.
- September 16 – Cross Keys Road & Fell Relay
- September 23 – Great Whernside (AS) – Kettlewell, nr. Skipton. English & Yorkshire Championship counter
- October 1 – Hodgson Brothers Mountain Relay
- October 15 – UKA/FRA British Fell Relay Championships – Llanberis, North Wales
- November 5 – Cop Hill (CM) – Meltham Community Centre
- December 3 – Bill Fox Gravy Pud (BS) – Tintwistle, nr. Glossop
Race and events calendar
All new members must attend an induction session before they will be allowed to join in any training sessions/runs.
For details of the next induction sessions, please review the race and events calendar above